Our services for raising finance and forecasts
Cashflow is the lifeblood of any business. Without it, businesses will fail. So whether you’re a start-up business or an established one, a cash flow forecast is invaluable. Regular cash flow forecasting is generally evidence that a business is being run well. You’ll have a better understanding of your peaks and troughs and crucially, you’ll be able to spot any pressure points well in advance.
If your business finds itself with cashflow difficulties, the first question we ask is, why? If it needs additional cash for day-to-day working capital, there could be an underlying problem which won’t be solved with more debt. It could be a matter of reviewing your pricing and business processes or improving your credit control. Alternatively, you might need additional cashflow for expansion, an exciting new project or capital expenditure.
We’ve built some excellent relationships with lenders and investors over the years and understand what they’re looking for, and so we’ll be your virtual Financial Director by your side.
When we build our forecasts, our highly experienced team:
- work to realistic, commercial assumptions
- take into account factors such as seasonality and your mix of sales and margins
- use realistic payment terms for both your suppliers and customers
- phase in growth using a sensible lead in time
- adjust stock levels and capital expenditure as necessary
- include all of your tax payments so they can be paid on time, and much more.
Once we’ve produced your forecast, we can help you raise finance and perhaps just as importantly, help you measure your performance regularly with robust management accounts and KPIs.
Raising money for your business can be a cocktail of finance from different sources, which might include:
- banks and other lenders
- your savings or pension fund
- family and friends
- issuing shares
- hire purchase and leasing
- government backed schemes
- private equity and venture capital.