Have you finished your AAT and are looking for the next step in your career? Do you fancy studying for ACCA or ACA in a fun, progressive accountancy firm?
If you’re still reading this, then the answer to both of those questions is probably yes. At DJH Mitten Clarke, we are a group of fantastically talented and ambitious people that pride ourselves on having fun, working together as a team, delivering a great service and always approaching things a little differently. We’re looking for someone to join our team, to deliver an exceptional service to our clients.
What do you get out of this?
Our people are our biggest asset. We’ve built a team that we’re extremely proud of. Our team work incredibly hard, so that’s why looking after them is our number one priority. Ultimately, we want to create the very best place to work. Here are a few reasons to come and join us, but you’ll find loads more once you get your feet under the table:
- Great salary
- Generous holiday allowance
- Flexible-working hours
- Fully funded ACCA/ACA training
- Health MOTs
- Community and environmental work
- Loads of social shindigs
- Access to Spectrum.Life, our new Mental Health & Wellbeing Support Solution
- A pretty impressive office
Let’s talk about the job
Now you’ve heard about the fantastic benefits, we better tell you a bit about what you’ll be up to. After a proper induction to the business, a personal development plan will be drawn up for you. It will outline each of the steps you’ll need to take to realise your ambition of becoming a fully-qualified accountant. Life will be fast-paced, engaging and you’ll learn plenty every day.
Your typical day will involve:
- Being part of a talented team, adding value to the exceptional work we deliver.
- Preparing year-end financial statements for a wide range of clients.
- Calculating corporation and personal tax liabilities, whilst coming up with tax planning ideas.
- Cracking on with your personal development plan – shadowing, questioning and learning to help you achieve your ambitions and be victorious in your ACCA / ACA studies.
- Building long-lasting relationships with clients and wowing them daily.
- Supporting Seniors and Managers to deliver amazing advice.
Let’s talk about you
We have big plans for the future and even bigger goals, so spotting top talent to help us achieve such great things is a massive aim in itself. But what about you? You’re hungry for a new challenge? You’re keen to work for a firm that does things differently? You’re possibly already considering applying for this? But what gets you going?
- You’ll have at least a years’ experience working within an accountancy firm.
- You’ll have passed your AAT exams and may have started ACCA / ACA and be making excellent progress through your exams.
- You’ll love getting to know people and cultivating long-lasting relationships.
- You’ll be motivated to deliver extraordinary service and will embrace our “Proven Process”.
- You’ll have a proactive attitude, whether a task is complicated or simple, big or small.
- You’ll thrive working to achieve great things alongside the rest of the team.
- You’re motivated by a fast paced and bustling environment.
- You’ll look at things differently than other people and will enjoy finding alternative solutions.
- You’re excited to immerse yourself in our lively brand, culture and business.
Before you go, let’s talk a little about us
DJH Mitten Clarke is an award-winning, chartered accountancy firm with offices in Stoke-on-Trent, Manchester City Centre, Chester and Walsall. With years’ of experience we’ve always done things a little differently, we don’t just work for businesses – we work with them to achieve great things together. As a company, we’ve grown to a multidisciplinary team of 275, who offer our clients a full service including; accounts and audit, tax and employment, business transactions, accounting in the cloud, capital allowances, commercial and residential finance, and wealth management.
Our core values run through everything that we do. They set the tone and our team live and breathe them. We’re looking for people who value the same things as us:
- Teamwork - we work better when we all work together.
- Passion - passionate people make the future brighter.
- Ambition - always push yourself. But always be yourself.
- Community - giving back today builds legacies tomorrow.
- Honesty - every great business is built on honesty.
Are you our new Semi-Senior Accountant?
If you like the sound of us and you think we’ll like the sound of you, then we’d love to hear from you. Drop us your CV to email@example.com